I already had everything I needed. I used an empty pasta sauce bottle, which I cleaned and washed removing the labels and making it sparkling clean and I always have jute rope in my craft stash..:)
- Jute Rope
- Loosely tie the jute rope around the neck of the bottle. Do not tie a knot yet. You will be attaching the vertical ropes to this and it will be easier if this rope is not tight right now. You can tie the knot after attaching all the vertical pieces to it.
- For vertical pieces, cut 8 pieces of ropes, 6 times the height of the bottle. Take one piece of rope and fold in half. Take the looped end and slip under the rope around the neck of the bottle, like the picture below.
- Next bring the ends of the rope and slip through the loop and make it tight.
- Do it for all the remaining vertical pieces.
- Now that you have all the vertical pieces attached. You can tie the knot to the rope around the neck to make it tight. Cut off the excess
- Time to start weaving the vertical pieces. Take one rope each from two adjacent vertical strands and make a knot, like the pictures below.
Pull it to make a knot.
- Keep repeating the same process to tie the knots for the remaining ropes. Make sure to keep all he knots at the same height.
- Repeat the same steps for the next row of knots and keep going till you go all the way to the bottom of the bottle. For the bottom of the bottle, I kept going even below the bottle and ended by tying knots and gluing the ends so that the knots do not open up.
To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin