Thursday, February 12, 2015

Cardboard Dollhouse


I made this doll house few months back. I made it with one of the packaging boxes from Amazon. It was a nice recycling project, which was fun to make and turned out pretty nice. I tried furnishing the house and as you can see made a dresser and stove too. I did add other pieces too - made sofa and a bed. And then my little helpers took it over. They colored on the walls and also the furniture. But this is how it looked before the little interior designers took over.



To make this house,
- I used one cardboard box
- Another cardboard piece to make the backing for the topmost floor (cut from another cardboard box.)
- Brown paper. I used the paper from a brown grocery bag to make the shingles in the roof  and to cover the flooring.
- Some printed paper I had in hand to cover the walls.

To make the house, I cut off the four flaps on top that are used to close the box.These flaps were used to make the two floors and the roof. After cutting the flaps, make the box stand on its sides. I made it stand lengthwise. So, now the bottom of the box will be back of the house. Glue the two flaps to make the floors inside the box and the other two flaps to make the roof.

I didn't get to take a lot of pictures while I was making it. Guess. I was too much focused on just getting the house ready...:)

Here are some of the pictures I took while in the process


I made the stairs and furniture using cereal boxes. I think they are easier to work with.





To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here.

27 comments:

  1. how fun :) and love the interior decorators showed up lol. Just having cardboard in the house brings the little rascals running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know... our kids love cardboard boxes...be it for either hiding or making forts or castles or anything...

      Delete
  2. Super cute dolls house. Who says you have to pay a lot of money. The kids would love this!

    Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much fr visiting and also for following Suzie! Following you back..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project for the kids! Thank you for linking with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job you did on the cardboard dollhouse. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I had so much fun being at the Bloghop..:)

      Delete
  7. That is awesome! I have some little interior decorators that would love it if I made them one. Thank you for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Broad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandi for your comment and also for pinning..:)
      Go ahead make them a house. I am sure the interior decorators cant wait to decorate it then.

      Delete
  8. What a great job you did with your doll house--love the idea so much. Sounds like your little ones do to :) Thanks for sharing with the Craft Challenge Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Diana, they loved it. Thanks so much for stopping by...:)

      Delete
  9. How cute is that?! What a fun project for your kids. Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We'd love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/03/05/home-matters-linky-party-27/ :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invite to join the party Lorelai! Would absolutely love to join in...:)

      Delete
  10. This looks gorgeous, I can see hours of fun with this. #RealCraftyLinkParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lots of fun..:) Thanks Coombe for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Very cute idea! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim.. you have a great week too..:)

      Delete
  12. What a really fun idea! Thanks for sharing on the Pleasures of the NW's DIY party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really cute, thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When we were small my sister and I had a set of dolls called the Sunshine Family. We were encouraged to craft their home and furniture much like you've done here. It was lots of fun and kept a pair of young girls busy :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Lydia, that's the way me and my sisters used to play too..:)

      Delete